MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Technician
Experience:  I have been a TV repair and electronics expert for over 30 years.
11519491

I have no picture at all on my Samsung TV only sound. is it

Customer Question

I have no picture at all on my Samsung TV only sound. is it my remote which doesn't seem to be working properly - the number is *****
Category: TV
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am Tech Michael, I am sorry to hear that.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and I want to guide you the best way possible to save you money and time;-)
This isn't your remote as the issue.
May I have the full model # ***** your TV also how old it is?
And did the picture just not come on one day?Or did it go out while watching the set?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Tv model is a Samsung flat screen. Tv. Mo del numbe UE32F550AKXXU. . purchased 30/06/13. The picture just did not come on one day. A month or so after purchasing the picture disappeared and was returned to Samsung via CUrrys for a new screen
Thank you Pam, when you turn the TV on, do you get anything at all on the screen, even a menu if you press that button?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The screen is black - have checked all cables and get no menu nothing at all
Hi Pam, this is an internal issue with the set. If you have some electronics experience and tools, I could help you narrow that down.
But if not the TV will need to be serviced as there are many things that will need to be tested to determine the exact cause of the issue.
If you know of a local TV repair shop in your area, you can call them on this, but if you need help locating a shop please let me know your state and town.