Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

hi i have a lg tv model no lg42lg5000 the problem is that

Customer Question

hi i have a lg tv model no lg42lg5000
the problem is that the colour is poor like the blue and green have failed the colours are better when you watch cartoons but on live tv it dark and blurred any help thanks
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- How old is the TV and how long it have had the color quality problem?
- What video devices/ sources are hooked to this TV and does the problem occur with all connected video input sources?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The the is 2008 the problem started when we come back from a two week holiday so it had not been used the device plugged in is the sky box on a hdmi lead
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Thomas for the info.
Have you tried to unplug TV and Sky box power cords form wall socket for 10 minutes to reset, replug and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Fault is still after unplugging
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, can you please connect a DVD player to the TV as a test and check picture colors?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Still the same I have fitted another tv to the sky box and DVD player and the other tv is ok
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thomas,
Unfortunately it seems TV has got internal failure and there are three things that can be cause of such symptoms, either the main board is defective and sending the wrong color/ bad color quality signal to t-con board OR the t-con board itself is causing the problem and doesn't provide proper color signal to the screen OR the screen internal circuitry which is producing bad color picture.
Now the tough part is we only have board swapping option here to verify which thing is bad and if main board or t-con board swapping doesn't help then the screen would be bad and its replacement isn't economical/ feasible due to cost as it would cost more than the TV worth so at that point you would be better off with a new TV.
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue.
I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.