Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

hello my lg smart tv keeps switching on and of some times

hello my lg smart tv keeps switching on and of some times more often than others what can i do?some times it impossible to watch and sometimes it workperfectly for hours unfotunately the later is rare.

i have diconected all game systems and non essential items.

Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. In order to assist you, I need to ask you for more information.
1) What is the model number off of the back of the set?
2) How long have you owned it for and when did the problem occur?
3) When the set shuts itself off, does the power light simply change to red, or does it start blinking?
4) Are you able to turn the set right back on after it does this, or doesit require a cool down period?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

WE BOUGHT IT SECOND HAND FROM A CASH CONVERTERS 12 MONTHS AGO.IT SWITCHES ON AND OFF CONSTANTLY .

MODEL NUMBER IS *****

THE POWER LIGHT BLINKS

IT TURNS ITSELF STRAIGHT BACK ON IF WE SWITCH IT OFF AT THE PLUG AND LEAVE FOR A WHILE IT STILL DOES IT WHEN WE SWITCH IT BACK ON.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the reply.
This isn't something that can be corrected on a user level, and it indicates a hardware failure.
Unfortunately, the Mainboard, or the Power Supply output to the Mainboard in your set has failed. They work in tandem to allow the set to turn on, the Power Supply provides the voltages to various circuits in the TV, and the Mainboard contains the communication required for the Power Supply to turn on. This is a common mode of failure for these sets. Average cost or this type of repair is around $250-$275 parts and labor.
I know this is not the answer you'd hoped for and I wish there were a quick fix.
If you have a Meter and are comfortable measuring live voltages, then I can walk you through repairing this.
If you need further assistance let me know, and once satisfied please -do not forget to click a "POSITIVE RATING" so that I am credited. If you don't see a place to rate- reply back to me and let me know.
You can follow up to the question at no additional charge even once you've rated.