Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My Toshiba LCD 32av636d TV - I cannot get the remote control

My Toshiba LCD 32av636d TV - I cannot get the remote control to work ( have replaced the batteries ), I have gone as far as getting a replacement remote control, with fresh batteries, and I still cant get either remote to work. The TV works by using the controls on the side.
Can you help?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.

Hello Phil, my name is***** be happy to assist you.

I'm sorry you are having trouble with the TV, mostly this kind of problem occurs due to failure of IR remote sensor failure inside TV as the remote sensor receives the infrared signals from the remote control, converts it into electronic signals and sends it to main processor chip.

Replacement of remote sensor board in TV will help to resolve the problem, please check the following link for sample/ similar remote sensor board which will help to locate it in TV after removing the back cover of TV then look at lower corner for this small board then get the part number off of board to see if it is similar or use that part number to search/ google for price and stock info to order it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PE0721-V28A00095102-TOSHIBA-32AV633D-IR-SENSOR-/251578946116?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Other&hash=item3a93461244

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,

Shahid.