Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

is it possible to download from hard disc in the LG 32LT75

is it possible to download from hard disc in the LG 32LT75 TV to an external DVD
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Nathan :

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Nathan :

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. We’ll get started chatting here.

If you’d prefer support beyond the chat format, you may also reach me directly via phone or a remote support session. I’ll send an additional services offer for these options - feel free to ignore it for now, it will be available to you at any time during or after our conversation.

Nathan :

Unfortunately, no, this is really not possible. Because the pvr functions are built into the tv, which has its own display, there are no accommodations for outputting video in this manner.

Nathan :

It may theoretically be possible to connect a vcr or dvd recording device via the scart connections, but because the tv has hdcp (copy protection) most content couldn't be transferred in the first place, and even if it did, you would have to do real time transfers. Meaning that it isn't a simple download, rather you'd have to play back a 1 hour recording for example, live, and record it, which would take an hour as well, during which the tv couldn't be used for any other function except playback.

Nathan :

If you want to do this on a regular basis, your best bet would be to forego the pvr functions built into the tv, which are pretty limited to begin with, and instead purchase an external tuner/recorder box, either a hdd or dvd (or even combo) type, using that to both watch and record as needed.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Hi John, I see you’ve viewed my initial correspondence. If I’ve answered your question, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I get credit for my work. Hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. You are also welcome to reply back to me at no extra cost if I can be of any further assistance.
Nathan