Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My mother is hard of hearing and I've bought her some Panasonic

Customer Question

My mother is hard of hearing and I've bought her some Panasonic headphones - wf950 - so that she can listen to tv while the rest of the family listens at normal volume. Our tv is a Toshiba 40B V702B. How do I connect them so that the sound is not muted for everyone else? I have tried the red and white audio sockets with no joy - the only way I can get the headphones to work is via the headphone socket, which obviously mutes the TV.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Unfortunately this TV doesn't have analog audio out (RCA jacks) to connect the headphone, however, there is Coax Out jack (near the ANT pin) at rear of TV which provides digital format audio out signal and we need to convert it to analog format to connect the headphone as headphone needs analog audio signal.
There is a device calls 'digital audio to analog audio converter' available at amazon that can be used to plug it in Coax Out port of TV and get analog audio out at RCA jacks on device to connect the headphone audio wire and it will not mute the TV speakers so other will get sound as well.
Please check following link to view digital audio to analog audio converter box price info..
http://www.amazon.co.uk/eSynic%C2%AE-Digital-Optical-Coaxial-Converter/dp/B009ZR7IB8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1414695396&sr=8-1&keywords=digital+audio+to+analog+audio+converter
and following link shows coaxial audio cable that will plug in TV and converter device..
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Neet%C2%AE-SPDIF-Digital-Coaxial-Performance/dp/B00HWT222G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1414695465&sr=8-1&keywords=coaxial+audio+cable
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Many thanks.­čśä
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
You're welcome Jackie,
Have nice time!
Shahid.