Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  35 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

My Samsung TV is in a different language not english.I noticed

My Samsung TV is in a different language not english.I noticed this last night when I used the mute button which saidstlmit' hlasitost.I then went into my Samsung remote and everything is in this strange language!How do I reset to English
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would like to say that this website can get tricky to navigate and i would suggest to bookmark or create a shortcut on the desktop for this page now or go to the "my questions" tab above if you lose this page.
Also , if you seem to lose the conversation or it seem to take a while to get a reply then refresh your browser , usually done with the F5 key .
That being said i would require your TV's model number located on the back cover ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Model no PS42A456P2D
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
Thanks , be right back with the step by step instructions on how to get to the language options.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for waiting.

Here is how to change the language;

Open the tv`s menu and go to the 4th icon down , that is the one that looks like a gear (setup) , open this and go to the second selection /item dowm and use the side arrow to open it and select english .

You should then have everything back to normal .

By the way , you can download your manual at the link below ;

http://www.samsung.com/ie/support/model/PS42A456P2DXXU

Its on page 26 of the english only manual

Hope this help and please take the time to rate my answer positively (use the smiley) if that answers your question / does the trick as it is the only way i get paid for helping you , otherwise do not rate at all , just let me know and we`ll see what can be done.
Note that you can reach me here at any time after rating if you have questions.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
this does not work as everything is in this strange language
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.

The language selection once open should say ENGLISH , for the rest , just count the 4th icon down and then 2nd selection down , you dont need to understand what it says .

Click the link below to see it ;

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ee5xv2gni7cw9fk/2014-10-31_0845.png?dl=0