info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

I have a Toshiba TV Model 32W133DB we also have a sky box receiver

Customer Question

I have a Toshiba TV Model 32W133DB we also have a sky box receiver a Sony Blu-Ray and a Sony soundboard. I have connected the Blu-Ray via HDMI cable and the sound bar is connected to the sky box. When I went to watch a movie I could not get sound. How can I fix this?
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

How is the sound bar connected to the sky box?what leads please?

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's hooked up using RCA jacks.
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
OK so RCA audio out from the sky box

Please re-check the model number of the TV ?how old is it please?

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes that's right. The TV is brand new. We just bought it last month. 32W1333DB. I can tell you that there is a coaxial cable plug in the back. No RCA jacks. There is a Side AV plug and a YPbPr plug and a headphone plug on the side of the TV. There appears not to be any optical coaxial plugs. There is a RGB/PC plug at the back.
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Yes their is digital audio out on the TV

Its next to the VGA socket which itself is below the hdmi sockets its this that you need to use?

Let me know if you have misgivings about that
Anthony
info tech, Technician
Experience: Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Okay, thank you. What kind of cord do I need to use and where is it supposed to connect to? This is so we can watch our Blu-Ray because there is no sound when we play a disc
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Could you please get me the model number of the blu ray and the model number of the soundbar please I will convey to you the best way to hook all this up thank you
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The Blu-Ray is a Sony model BDP-S1200. And the sound bar is also a Sony model SA-CT60BT. Keep in mind we also have a Sky box
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
I am having trouble finding the sound bar as its inclusive in a home theatre is that correct?
Is their any other identification on it?
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes that's right. It's a simple sound bar with sub-wopher. That's all I know. Sorry.
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Surprisingly its confusing in the manual what inputs the sound bar has what type ie optical hdmi etc could you please tell me what inputs the soundbar does have then I can make the suggestions
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It has two RCA jacks, an optical digital plug and a digital coaxial cable. As it stands we heathers us bar plugged into the sky box using the RCA jacks.
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Sorry for this prolonged thread

OK what you have coming out of the blu ray is digital coaxial optical out you may need a converter here <<click this will change that format to a digital toslink one that your soundbar understands you then will need 2 leads a toslink to toslink digital lead and a coax to coax lead (I will put them on here)
then connect up the bluray that way that will get the sound on the blu ray when you switch inputs on the soundbar (bluray pic via the hdmi to tv)
We spoke earlier about using the TVs optical out and you can still do that but then you would need a toslink switching box so I am not sure if you want to do that.
You may find that you dont need that box in which case just marry up the optical out to the soundbar

leads
Digital coaxial

leads
Optical cable

Let me know if you need more info

Anthony