info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

My LE32N73BCX/XEU has suddenly stopped working, no picture

Customer Question

My LE32N73BCX/XEU has suddenly stopped working, no picture just blue light flashing on power button at front. Is it fixable? If so what do I do?

Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

Sorry your having problems here, have you tried rebooting the set?unplugging from wallpower waiting 5 mins then replugging back in again?if not please do that and let me know the results thank you

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes did that serveral times but still same issue

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
OK thanks for that

OK samsung sets in general suffer from bad capacitors on the powerboard now as aon overview what needs to be done first is for these capacitors to be visually examined and if found defective replaced as the cheapest option another option is to replace the powerboard if the capacitors turn out to be OK then attention is focussed on the mainboard and this may need to be replaced so its a step at a time procedure ideally if you can use a soldering iron and a meter it will help but is not essential at this point.

Let me know if you can do this work thank you I will provide all the relevant info for this again a step at a time so theirs no need to ask where you think the parts will come from etc I just need to know if you\someone you know are comfortable with the work, its rather like doing work with a PC

Let meknow thank you
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no I am not able to do that sort of work.. Do not own a soldering iron etc

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.

I am sorry about that you may not have to use a soldering iron its just the cheapest option if the capacitors are bad the other option is to replace a board no soldering plug in and screw in

If your not comfortable with any of that then you will need a engineer

Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please don't rate instead press the "reply to expert" tab and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Are you saying I need to open up the back of the tv and see if there are loose wires?

I do not know what a capicitator is or what aon means

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
That overview I gave you explains everything I can send you pictures of the capacitors and all of that but.......if you cant do this work then its no good me doing that .....I need to know if you are capable of doing the work using small tools and maybe a soldering iron or meter (not necessary at present)if thats all out of your scope for you\someone you know then you will need a engineer, I can only help if the person is practical if a screwdriver etc is alien to you then its not within your scope, I obviously dont know this thats why I ask thank you
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How do I get an engineer?

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Please give me your postcode and I will look for one for you
Can you get the set into someone yourself?or does somebody need to come to you?if someone comes out its usually more money
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

WF2 0UR

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
jws *****
Wakefield, West Yorkshire WF6 2DP
United Kingdom
01924 220101
I am sorry their does not appear to be anyone nearer
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Taking it to suggested engineer Wednesday - still don't know if it is fixable

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.

Yes its fixable, don't however pay more than say £70 as you can pick these sets up for about £180 so £70 max

Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please don't rate instead press the "reply to expert" tab and I will answer any queries you have.You will see a rating bar with this post

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Well my tv is fixed, I took it to the Samsung engineer you gave me the address for, so at last I know is was fixable. Nothing you gave me except the address was of use. So really I paid £20 for a telephone number and address, shall use yellow pages in future.

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
I find your comments bizzarre sorry, i gave you the option and the info to fix the set yourself assuming you was capable,you was not i then explained it was fixable which was the main body of your question,i then went on to warn you about charges,then i even looked up the very place you took the set to because you had no idea what to do about that,and now you say i did nothing and you wasted 20?please be fair
I am not paid anything until you rate the answer positively
Anthony