info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

Mt tv has stooped working. When we switch the power on at the

Customer Question

Mt tv has stooped working. When we switch the power on at the wall the standby light flashes 5 or 6 times then goes off completely and power is dead. Any ideas?
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
Sorry your having trouble here
I will need the model number please found on the back of the set?
Thank You
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

LE26A457C1D

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Tim

OK samsung sets in general suffer from bad capacitors on the powerboard, now as an overview of the problem what needs to be done first is for these capacitors to be visually examined and if found defective replaced as the cheapest option, another option is to replace the powerboard, if the capacitors turn out to be OK then attention is focused on the mainboard and this may need to be replaced, so its a step at a time procedure ideally if you can use a soldering iron and a meter it will help but is not essential at this point.

Let me know if you can do this work thank you, ***** ***** provide all the relevant info for this again a step at a time I just need to know if you\someone you know are comfortable with this as its not everyones comfort area

Let me know thank you
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Absolutely no idea how to do this. Will need a tv repair man in Suffolk area. Any ideas?

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Sorry this is not comfortable for you
Thomson local would be the best bet this set is a very well known set in the service industry so their will be no problems there, please TAKE the set in don't call anyone out as their will be hidden charges for that, typical cost will be around £60 assuming the capacitors are bad
Let me know if you need more info
Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please don't rate instead press the "reply to expert" tab and I will answer any queries you have
Many Thanks
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Returned set to Hughes (where it was purchased), repair will cost more than tv is worth! Paid £25.00 deposit which ill be refunded against another set bought from them.

Very good service from Hughes.

thanks

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Yes I understand these sets can be picked up relatively cheaply

Anthony