Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  35 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

My 95 year old mum has a Digihome TV model DLED32125HD but

My 95 year old mum has a Digihome TV model DLED32125HD but buttons on remote control are too small for her to see. So I have bought a Sony remote control with big numbers on it but cannot find the 4digit code to enable it. Any advice would be welcome.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 3 years ago.
Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first could you please give me the model number of that remote ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
RM-EZ4T
Expert:  Jack replied 3 years ago.
Thanks , be with you shortly , got locked on another post while waiting for your reply
Expert:  Jack replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for waiting .

I looked at the manual for this remote and unfortunately the "digihome " brand name is ***** ***** which means that a direct entry code cannot be used but there is still the code search function that could give results .

Click on the link below and you will see the procedure for the code search ;

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x134p8mf6dyyjcy/SONY_REMOTE.png?dl=0

Let me know how that goes

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I need to be with the TV to do this and will not see mum until next Tuesday. I will let you know if it works.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
As I was not to visit mum until Monday, I tried these instructions on my own TV. They do not work. I also tried the 4 code numbers quoted for my Panasonic TV. They did not work either. The Sony remote control will turn the TV on and off and also adjust the volume, but it will not change channels.
Expert:  Jack replied 3 years ago.

O.k then the remote is programmed for that tv if the volume and power works but now !

Is it the tv that does the channel changing usually or is it connected to an external piece of equipment like direct tv box or cable box ,sat. receiver etc. ?

If it is connected to external equipment then the channel buttons on the tv become redundant

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
We have a satellite receiver and so does mum. Are you saying therefore that this remote will not work with a satelite receiver?
Expert:  Jack replied 3 years ago.
If i look at the manual for this remote then the answer is NO , this remote will operate tv`s only