Pete
Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

How do I set up my new smart curved television

How do I set up my new smart curved television to get it to work from the Falkland Islands on line
Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Pete :

Hi there!

Pete :

What is the make and model number of the Smart TV?

Customer:

The make is Samsung and the model number is *****

Pete :

Ok, and are you trying to connect to a wireless or wired connection?

Customer:

Yes I can get on line it is a wireless connection but I can't set up the smart hub,when I try it tells me I have to agree to terms and conditions but it won't let me Do it.

Pete :

Ah ok

Pete :

Are you able to view the entire terms and conditions>

Pete :

?

Pete :

On some TV sets you must read or scroll through the entire T&C before you can accept.

Customer:

No that is the proble.

Pete :

Ok, so what exactly are you seeing on the screen?

Customer:

In step 03 where it try's to download Terms and Conditions and then it tells me "there are some problems and contact Samsung call centre for assistance " Then said message code:0

Customer: It looks like if I could access the terms and conditions it may work but of course I don't know that for sure
Pete :

Where was the TV purchased?

Customer: Currys through ***** ***** international in Bristol.
Pete :

And what type of network are you trying to connect through?

Pete :

Is it a home network or a work network?

Pete :

Are you on a military base?

Customer: It is a home network where we connect all around the world from.
Pete :

Ok, so no special firewalls or other restrictions?

Customer: No it usually comes up if it is a problem like that
Pete :

When you get the message "There are some problems, please contact Samsung", it is usually because either your TV is in an area where Samsung does not permit the Smart Hub to operate, or there are some other network issues.

Pete :

I would suggest trying to connect it to a different network, e.g. at a friend's house

Pete :

Or test it using a wired connection if you are currently using a wireless connection.

Customer: It is Connecting to my router ok ,and all other Samsung equipment works here okay and we get all the apps on the other equipment fine.
Customer: It Won't let me set up a Samsung account either
Pete :

Yes, it is just the Smart Hub part of the process that isn't completing - if you read through the terms and conditions, it may refer to certain geographic locations where the connection is permitted.

Customer: I can't get the terms and conditions to read them but any other Samsung that has internet on it works well down here on all the apps it come with.
Pete :

Ok, try to connect it to a different network, e.g. at a friend's house if possible.

Pete :

Or try resetting the TV to its factory settings and set it up again, in case something has been set incorrectly, e.g. Country.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I Would like to discontinue with this as it is not applicable down here.
I Tried to unsubscribe to a week or so ago just to see on my statement that another £30.00 has been deducted.
I never signed up to be a member I thought it was a £20.00 one off.
Your service down here is just not applicable and I would be grateful if you would return the £30.00 you deducted on the 14 th November 2014.
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Hi Marshall,
I will send your cancellation request to customer services.
In the meantime, I would greatly appreciate if you could submit a high rating on this page for my service :)
Thanks,
Pete.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I will respond to this request but I would like my request for cancellation and the return of my £30.00 successfully completed as part of the servic first.

Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Once your account is closed the rating will not be possible.
As soon as the rating is complete I can submit this request to customer services.
Pete, Technician
Experience: Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Hi Marshall,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Do you need any further assistance with this?

Let me know,

Pete.