info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

LCD TV LE26R7 Se. No. 56003HGL805094A Screen suddenly went

LCD TV LE26R7 Se. No. 56003HGL805094A
Screen suddenly went blank. No sound or picture. No response to all manual troubleshooting checks. Unable to raise Menu.
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.

Welcome

Thanks for the Question

Sorry your having trouble here

Do you have any power light lit please?

Anthony

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Is the light lit or blinking also what colour is the light please?is it lit as though its in the ON mode?
As much info about the light as possible please as this is the pulse for the set
Thank You
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

When I press the On switch on the TV (not remote) the small red light on the right is steady. If I then press the switch again the light blinks for a few seconds, DTV temporarily shows in the top left-hand corner before the screen goes blank and the light goes out.

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Edward
The most common issue for this on samsungs is bad capacitors on the powerboard, the powerboard is within the set the back of the set will need to come off and the capacitors visually inspected.
If you think you can do this work please let me know I will provide more detailed information on what to do to resolve this, as an overview you have two options replace the capacitors (cheapest)or replace the powerboard.
Let me know if you can do this or need more info
I am sorry its nothing easier for you
Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please don't rate instead press the "reply to expert" tab and I will answer any queries you have
Many Thanks
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Anthony. I appreciate the trouble you have taken so far and am not sure if there's anything more you can do for me. I'm 95 and am no longer capable of doing the work you suggest.

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry this is out of your scope you will need an engineer then to deal with this you can find one in your yellow pages or thomson local
Thanks and sorry its nothing easier
A positive rating is appreciated
Thanks again
Anthony