info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

My Samsung TV with model LE32A457C1SD, cannot display Chromecast.

My Samsung TV with model LE32A457C1SD, cannot display Chromecast. It identifies it on the screen when I go through Menu, Input, Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC). I see Chromecat listed on there but all goes blank when I select it.
This TV also does not display my Blueray Player.
There are 3 ports for HDMI. Non of them accepts these two. However, all 3 ports do display a TV top box.
I need your help to sort this out, please.
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
Has it EVER recognised the blu-ray player please? OR the chromecast?via hdmi
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Anthony,

Both the Chromecast and Blu-ray player are new items that I very recently bought. The answer to your question is NO. It has never recognise the blu-ray.

However, it did pick up the Chromecast and showed the chromecast logo for a few seconds and it disappeared.

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Greg
I am assuming you have at least tried the bluray with another set just to confirm it works OK because its an oddity it displays the freeview via hdmi OK
The options open to you without changing the main board is this
Unplug the set from the wall wait 5 mins then re-plug the set back in again if that does not solve then try a factory reset in the settings menu if their is a option for that, then try again.
The next option is to try a reset in the service menu press from standby (off) INFO>>MENU>>MUTE>>power ON within 6 seconds the set should come on with multiple characters navigate to I think its option 13 reset and enter this the set will reboot itself and revert to factory default, try the set again, if all that fails the mainboard within the set will need to be replaced that option will be exploered when you let me know the result of the methods above.
Thank You
Let me know please
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have a Panasonic Smart TV as well. Both the blu-ray and the Chromecast work on it.

I am going to try what you have suggested and I will get back to you as soon as that is done.

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Yes do all the methods then let me know any problems let me know
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Anthony,

I have gone through the Factory Reset. Unfortunately, it still does not pick them up.

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Greg
Did you get into the service menu OK?did you do that reset?
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, I did get in.

Selected Factory reset. Pressed on OK. The screen went blank.Waited for 7minutes. Turned tv back on. Tried dongle, but to change. Still not working, unfortunately.

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
You will need to replace the mainboard their is a handshake issue with those products

Do you think you can do that?I will provide all the necessary info

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am not technically good at these things at all. What do you mean by "handshake issue"?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No. I dont think I can change the motherboard.

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi Greg
Sorry I had to go on calls
The mainboard is a plug in to replace type board inside the set.
A handshake issue is a communication issue between two products
Greg let me know if you can do this
Greg I only receive credit from the site when you rate the answer positively so please consider doing that if you have any more questions or need any more info or think you can do this let me know
Their will be a rating bar with this post
Thank You
Anthony
info tech, Technician
Experience: Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience