Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My toshiba tv (37xv5050db) will not revert to DTV function

My toshiba tv (37xv5050db) will not revert to DTV function after viewing DVD. How can I solve this?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. Are you 100% certain that you normally view your DTV on the set through the DTV Input- and not perhaps one of the HDMI or Colorstream Inputs? IN other words are you using a box between the coaxial connection and the TV? If so, where specifically does this box connect to on the TV?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The TV has always been viewed on theDTV selection. I have subsequently " played about " with the remote control and the TV is now back to operating as it should. Thank you for your attempt to solve my problem, but it appears that my pushing every button on the remote control and swearing at the TV has succeeded in resetting the TV to its original operating setting.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Okay. We've had lots of customers try to select "TV", when they actually should be selecting HDMI, which is why I asked. My net step was going to be to have you reset the EEPROM, by disconnecting the set from power, then pressing and holding the power button for 10 seconds and releasing. The EEPROM controls all of the Input selections on the TV. If you run into problems again, please try that and if you need further assistance let me know.