Steven
Steven, Technician
Experience:  Licensed TV repair technician in the US with over 30 experience in the US.
59014109

I have a samsung ue46d7000luxxu and the screens gone! the light

I have a samsung ue46d7000luxxu and the screens gone! the light behind works, there is some times a pixal line through it (not in the same place) sound works ok and tryed diffrent saurces
Category: TV
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I'm TV Tech1 and I'll be working with you to identify and help you resolve your problem.
What about the TV's menu, do you see it appear when you press the menu button, do you see anything show up on the TV screen if you press it?
After checking that, can you remove the rear cover on the TV and expose the boards? There is information we can retrieve from them.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no menu cover off

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
i was asked to take back cover off and 25min later no reply dont have time to wast its not my tv
Expert:  Steven replied 2 years ago.
HI my name is***** will be glad to try and help you with this, to be straight you have back light and you have sound but you have no video and OSD menu can not be seen correct?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

correct (OSD?)

Expert:  Steven replied 2 years ago.
OSD is the on screen display, menu items. when you press any button on the TV like menu etc does the screen dim at all?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no no change on screen

Expert:  Steven replied 2 years ago.
Okay, thank you you either have a bad Tcon Board or the LCD panel is bad, unfortunately there is no test other then replacing the Tcon board to see if the problem is eliminated, if you still have no OSD or video then the LCD panel is bad. I tried to look up a part number for the TCon alread but nothing comes up under that model, is this a US model?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no i dont think so it came from a euronics store, i have the back off can i give u any other info from the boards

Expert:  Steven replied 2 years ago.
Okay, the TCon board is located in the middle of the TV either at the very top or the very bottom, may be a sheild over it, there is a cable that will run from the main board to the Tcon board. this is bthe oard you want to replace, see if there are any numbers on it? remember though it is very possible that panel itself may be the culprit, if that is the case it never cost effective to replace a LCD panel let me know what numbers you find on the board?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

S240LABMB3V0.7 THIS IS ON THE BOTTOM OF THE BOARD.

PANEL REV 10 BN96-17116J THIS ON THE CABLE FROM THE MAIN BOARD.

Expert:  Steven replied 2 years ago.
It looks like that crosses to this part, take a good look at it and make sure it looks the same. And remmber if you replace this board and don't work then LCD panel is bad.
Here is a Link to the board. >>Click Here<<
Steven, Technician
Experience: Licensed TV repair technician in the US with over 30 experience in the US.