Steven
Steven, Technician
Experience:  Licensed TV repair technician in the US with over 30 experience in the US.
59014109

I'm listening to the radio on my smart TV, through an amplifier

Customer Question

I'm listening to the radio on my smart TV, through an amplifier and the sound is very distorted. There is no distortion when played through the TV. This made me think that there might be a problem with the cable connecting the TV to the amplifier. However, when I play movies or games through the amplifier, they sound fine, suggesting that the problem is not with the cable connecting the speakers to the amplifier. Why is the radio sound not satisfactory
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. There's several variables here as to why this doesn't work. In order to determine what's causing this, I need to know the following:
1) What's the Model Number off of the back of the TV?
2) What's the Make and Model of the Amplifier?
3) What type of cable is connecting the two?
4) What device generates the "radio sound"- in other words is there another device, or is the Radio a TV App?