info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

Hi - I have an LG XD engine - model RZ-32LZ55 - Manufactured

Hi - I have an LG XD engine - model RZ-32LZ55 - Manufactured in April 2006. Recently it has begun to loose brightness 15 to 20 minutes after switch-on - fading to barely visible. What are the most likely causes? And is it likely to be worth repairing?
Regards,
John Giblin - Galway Ireland.
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
info tech :

info tech :

Welcome

info tech :

Thanks for the Question

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
If you press the menu button of the sets own remote control is the sets own menu dark too please?
Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Just waiting for it to heat up to confirm - but I believe it does darken also

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
John
Yes only do the check when the set is in the fault condition
Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Anthony - it definitely darkens also - it is less noticeable because of the alpha characters but darker none-the-less

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
John
Can you get me the model number please found on the back of the set also how old is the set please?
Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

LG Xd Engine slim. Model number is ***** manufactured in April 2006 (I have it from new so it may not owe me a lot - and may be less expensive to replace?)

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
John its either a bad t-con board this is the lcd panel driver board OR more likely the lcd panel itself (screen) and that's not an option to replace unfortunately
2006 is ancient by modern standards for sets and it well exceeded its life expectancy so John its a better option to just replace the set, costco is about the best place to get a set from because of the warranty 3 to 5 years at no extra cost.
Let me know if you need more info
Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please don't rate instead press the "reply to expert" tab and I will answer any queries you have
Many Thanks
Anthony