Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have Infiniti Range Luxury Waterproof LCD TV 17" TVIF1700

I have Infiniti Range Luxury Waterproof LCD TV 17" TVIF1700 and cannot get anybody to repair it, It is about years old, I am in the East Riding area Bridlington, can you help.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Nathan :

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Nathan :

Can you tell me the specific problem you're having with the tv?

Customer:

The

Nathan :

It seems your reply didn't come through, could you please resend?

Nathan :

Customer:

I don't think you can help repair my tv because the tv man said it is a sealed unit ,what I want is a name of somebody who can look at it , the problem is it wont come on, the red light comes on and the controller is working

Customer:

your service is not what I thought it was can I have a refund

Nathan :

I was simply trying to find out the problem you're having with the tv, as there may be a solution other than repairs.

Nathan :

For example if it won't turn on, the external power adapter may be faulty.

Nathan :

Beyond that, honestly, it cannot be fixed, under any practical circumstance.

Nathan :

Yes, it is sealed, but it can be opened still. However, it is not a matter of getting it open. This is an old model that was discontinued 4 years ago, and the manufacturer has no spare parts left, which I've confirmed with them. Even if your tech, or any other, opens the tv up, there are no parts available to affect repairs anyway. Your only real option is going to be replacing the tv.

Nathan :

For something simple, a new power adapter or remote could be purchased, but anything beyond that will require fully replacing the tv.

Nathan :

Should it come to that, the new19” Model TVIF1900, fits the same recess, if all else fails

Nathan :

From your description, if it is getting the red light, it is getting power, meaning that the internal power supply or control board is faulty, and again those parts are not available.

Nathan :

Any repair attempts is only going to cost you more money. On average you'll spend £75 just for a diagnostic fee to have a tech open up the tv and look at it, when they find parts aren't available you'll be out that fee and still have to buy a new tv.

Nathan :

I'm sorry there is not a better outcome here for a quick fix, it is simply the nature of these uncommon sealed tvs which just aren't well supported due to the small size of the manufacturer.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.