hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Installer
Experience:  I am a certified Cable Television installer in the state of Hawaii
40928634

I have lost my sound on my rc 3902 hitachi tv

Customer Question

Category: TV
Expert:  hongkongpom replied 2 years ago.

Have you lost sound on all sources connected to the TV such as cable box; DVD etc please?

By rc..are you talking about the remote control only?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes, tried my DVD and Sky box no sounds also changing the scrat and HDMI connections around

The model number you have given me seems to be for the remote control for your television?

Please tell me the model number of the TV itself. It will be on a sticker on the back of the TV.

Did anything lead up to this please?

When did you buy the TV please

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hopefully this is the serial model L42VK04U, I think I got the tv just over the year ago.

The sound left when I turned off all the appliances at the wall as I had to restart the TV and when I turned it back on the sound wasn't working

Were you previously listening to the sound through the built in TV speakers please or are you using an external sound player such as a home stereo or sound bar?

Please try using the volume controls on the TV itself and tell me if you can now hear any sound?

http://screencast.com/t/fasPua3W2V

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi no I do not have any external speakers and I have tried the TV buttons and the remote control to turn up the volume

Thank you very much indeed for your reply and rating my service to date.

To be honest with you, this is an internal TV problem.

As the TV is just over a year old I would like to suggest to you that you avail yourself of the excellent consumer protection laws in the UK (Sale of Goods Act 1979).. Please click the link below.

It states that "You can ask for a repair or replacement at any time up to six years after you bought the goods as long as it is reasonable for them to have lasted this long. If the goods go wrong after six years, you no longer have the right to ask for a repair or replacement."

This law will cover a TV because a TV should be expected to last more than the year of use that you have received from it. There is a good possibility that the company that you bought it from will do the right thing about this. Otherwise, you are looking at a costly repair and it would be the mainboard that would need replacing.

Please immediately telephone the trader that you bought the TV from and tell them what has happened.

If they don't want to help you then threaten to take the trader to Trading standards.

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/consumer_e/consumer_common_problems_with_products_e/consumer_what_you_can_do_about_faulty_goods_e/faulty_goods_-_if_you_want_a_repair_or_a_replacement.htm