Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Was playing a dvd last night after 10 minutes the TV went off

Customer Question

Was playing a dvd last night after 10 minutes the TV went off and would not come back on .
The TV is only 2yrs old and only used about 6 times.
The model is a 22DL704B
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Does power indicator light on TV turn On or flash when TV power cord plugs in wall socket and press power button on TV or its remote control?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No......the hand remote light lights up when pressing the buttons but the TV is completely dead.
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the info.
- Have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes. I have also checked the fuse which is okay.
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the info.
It seems the power supply section failure in TV as power indicator light doesn't turn On, replacement of power supply board in TV will help to resolve the problem.
TV will need to take apart for such work that should be done by handy person to avoid any damage to TV or electric shock. Required power supply board is available at following at following ebay link..
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vestel-PSU-pcb-17PW80-V2-for-Toshiba-22DL704B-Tested-Working-/231380677091?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_TV_Boards_Parts&hash=item35df5cf1e3
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hi there,
I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!
Please reply back here if there is additional questions.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am waiting for someone to do the repair .....I will let you know if it works
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
OK, please take your time and reply back with the result.