info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

On a newly purchased Samsung UE32H6400 I am attempting to set

On a newly purchased Samsung UE32H6400 I am attempting to set up a Sky Link through the aerial feed. In the now discarded TV this worked fine through an analogue channel. On the new set I am unable to identify an appropriate channel. Please advise on the procedure I should follow.
I am aware that the new TV does provide for a Sky connection but this doesn't seem to help with the Link connection.
Roy
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
You cant do this through the aerial socket because their is no analogue tuner in a new set, you was only able to use this method BECAUSE their was an analogue tuner, is this the main set for viewing?or is this set in another room ?
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The new Samsung TV is a kitchen set secondary to the main set elsewhere which is connected directly to the Sky Box. This is some distance away so hard wiring between the Box and the new set is not possible. Hence my attempted use of SKY LINK to make the connection.

I can confirm that as you have indicated the autotuner shows no analogue channels despite having a search button showing Analogue!!

Is there any other way of making the SKY connection?

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Roy if the search button is on the remote control that does not mean anything as the same remote may be used on a set that has analogue
You need something like this but they are expensive
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nikkai-HDMI-Wireless-Video-Sender-Receiver-1080p-Signal-Relay-IR-IRDA-/400816915313
Let me know if you need more info
Anthony