Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Hi, I attached a bowers and Wilkins zeppelin to my Samsung

Hi, I attached a bowers and Wilkins zeppelin to my Samsung le26 TV via the aux sockets and now the sound will not work at all! How can I get my sound back? I have disconnected the TV, unplugged both it and the free view box it is attached to via hdmi, and I still can't get the sound back. The picture is fine, and volume goes up and down, but no sound!
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems.
Are you saying that there was no sounds as SOON as you plugged the B & W into the TV?
Was the TV turned off when you made these connections?
Also, right now is there no sound from the TV EVEN with the B& W disconnected from the set?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The TV was on standby when I plugged in the zeppelin, (aux to aux) and no sound has come from the thing ever since. Right now the configuration is as it was before I plugged in the bowers and Wilkins speaker.
Hope this clarifies?
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Okay, so there's no sound at all from the TV speakers.
Have you tired disconnecting the Freeview box from POWER, then disconnecting an reconnecting the HDMI cable on both ends making sure it is secure- then plugging the Freeview box back in, and once rebooted- attempting to watch a program?
Please try those steps exactly as outlined, and also reply back with the full model number off of the back of the Samsung TV.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have tried something very similar to that, but I will follow your exact instructions now. The model number is ***** (r).
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Okay, let me know what happens.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No joy.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Okay, as a quick test, please connect the B&W directly to the SAT box using the RCA audio outputs on the box. Let me know if there is still no sound.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Afraid it only has an optical out, and I don't have that cable
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Okay. Grab the Samsung remote, press MENU, scroll to Sound, then go down to RESET, and press OK.
Then without the B&W connected- let me know if you have sound.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Reset is greyed out :(
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Bounce up to Internal MUTE. Is that ON or OFF?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
...off, sound select is also greyed out. FYI it's not the TV - I have just physically moved it to connect to another digi box we have, and connected a scart cable plus the hdmi - I now have sound! I will now carry it back to the free view box and try that again
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Okay good- that is what I was trying to confirm by asking you to plug the B&W into your Freeview box. The issue is with the Freeview box- NOT the TV.
Try the reboot of the box as indicated above a couple of more times, and if it still doesn't work, you're going to need to swap out that Freeview box.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok I think you are right. I have tried various combinations of TVs and boxes, and it looks like the free view box's audio circuit is blown :(. I still don't understand how plugging in the aux of the TV. Can cause a feedback into the free view box though?
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the reply. It's hard to do a postmortem, all we really have are the results of the tests indicating the Free view box is not transmitting audio.IYou would simply have to swap out the FFree view box in order to fix the audio problem. Then with the new box connected to the TV, use the RCA/cinch red and white Audio Out jacks, or the Optical connection on the Samsung to connect to the B&W. Then in the Samsung MENU shut off the internal speakers to transmit audio to the B&W. If you need further assistance let me know and once satisfied please click a POSITIVE RATING so that I am credited for my work.
Aric, Technician
Experience: 15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello Howard, Do you need further assistance with this problem?