adamd-mod
adamd-mod, Just Answer Moderator
Experience:  Just Answer Moderator
74353250

How do I turn off the Audio Description on a Sony KDL32V4200

Customer Question

How do I turn off the Audio Description on a Sony KDL32V4200 ?
I went to setting, Digital set up, Audio Set up, Audio Description was off
Please advise.
Brian
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello, What device are you viewing from on the Sony where you are getting an audio description on screen?
Is it a cable/sat box?
If you switch the mode over to say a DVD player, do you still have the same problem?
What exactly are you seeing on your screen?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am using a Talk Talk You View box. I do not have a DVD player so I have no idea if I would have the same problem.

There is noting on the You View box that would control the Audio Description.

On the Screen I get the full picture, and an annoying woman describing who's looking at what and, who's draining their pint etc etc.

TTFN

Brian

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Okay, If the Talk Talk box is connected to the TV- there is NO way the Sony is generating this. The Sony will only display this on the screen when a direct aerial connection is used (no box).
On the TalkTalk remote, press the "SUB/DEL" button to turn off the Subtitles.
Let me know if you run into problems still.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I do not have the remote, I use the buttons on the Talk Talk sat box, this problem did not exist yesterday, I haven't had the remote for a few weeks. There are no subtitles, and just an annoying woman describing who's looking at what and, who's draining their pint etc etc. Subtitles tell us what is being said, not what is happening.

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thanks for your patience,

Adam