Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Talktalk Youview box. Every thing appears to work except catchup.

Talktalk Youview box. Every thing appears to work except catchup. This got worse over a 5 week period and now does not work at all
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Nathan :

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Nathan :

Unfortunately this would tend to indicate an internal hardware failure, most likely a bad hard disc drive.

Nathan :

Initially, please try rebooting the box, by unplugging it at the mains for 60+ seconsd

Nathan :

*seconsd

Nathan :

*seconds

Nathan :

If no change try going into the setup menu on the box and look for a firmware/software update.

Nathan :

And if that doesn't help either, then we would be back at the point of a hardware fault, which is something that would require repairs to correct. Hopefully the system is less than a year old and still under warranty so you can file a claim with the manufacturer to have it replaced. If past that, you're better off buying a new one than investing in repairs.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Hi David, I see you’ve viewed my initial correspondence. If I’ve answered your question, please take a moment to rate my service, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. You are also welcome to reply back to me at no extra cost if I can be of any further assistance.
Nathan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for info, it looks like it is the box itself.