Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Humax Foxesat -HDR connected to a Panasonic SC-BT735

I have a Humax Foxesat -HDR connected to a Panasonic SC-BT735 home theatre system (via digital optical cable) and a Panasonic TX-L42E6B smart TV (via HDMI cable). The HTS is also connected to the TV by another HDMI cable. How do I alter the components settings to automatically get surround sound from the HTS's speakers when viewing
A) the TV direct (via the Aerial) and/or
B) the TV via the Humax Freesat box?
If this is not possible, what is the best option available
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Have you tried to pull the optical cable from Foxesat box and plug it in TV (if optical out port is available) and check if it gives sound while watching different input sources on TV?
Please reply back with the result.
Thanks,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Shahid,

Done that but I got no sound when I viewed TV via Freesat regardless of what input source I used.

When trying to put the optical cable back into the Freesat box the female optical port on the back of the Freesat has broken!!

Because of the age of the Freesat we have decided to purchase a replacement freesat box. As and when I get that fitted I'll contact you again. Is that OK with you?

Cheers,

Max

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Its OK, please take your time.
There is another way to connect SC-BT735 sound system to TV is plug the HDMI Out to HDMI-2 input of TV which has ARC (audio return channel) feature, turn On Veira Link option in TV and you should get sound in SC-BT735 speakers when watch external video sources connected to TV.
Please try it and reply back with the result.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Shahid,

Following my previous comments, I have just purchased a replacement Freesat Unit. When I've got it set up, I'll let you know what the outcome is.

Many thanks,

Max

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Sure Max, I'll be waiting the info how it worked.