Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

my samsung UE60H6200 within an hour of turning on for the first

my samsung UE60H6200 within an hour of turning on for the first time started it switched itself off when watching Sky via HDMI. Now the TV will turn on and show the Smart logo, but then nothing happens and the screen remains black. I have turned off the TV several times, removed and readded all connections but can't get it to work.
It looks like I'll need to get it replaced but any advice would be most appreciated.
cheers
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Have you tried to unplug TV and Sky box power cords from wall socket for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi There,

I've tried this to no avail. Any other possible solution?

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hi Sam,
Does menu screen come up if press menu button on TV or its remote control?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Shahid,

No it doesn't. I've since tried reseting the TV by pressing the exit button for 12 seconds which hasn't worked either.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, so logo screen come up then nothing, no menu graphics as well.
Does TV stay On and turn Off if press power button?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, smart logo then blackness, and no menu graphics

TV stays on if I press the power button

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, problem seems with video processor chip which stop providing video data to screen after logo screen.
Possible cause is either corrupted firmware or hardware (EEPROM chip) failure.
Please try to upgrade TV firmware through USB memory stick which is available at following Samsung support link...
http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE60H6200AKXXU
If it doesn't help then main board replacement will help to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,
I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!
Please reply back here if there is additional questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi There,

None of the suggestions worked unfortunately and having contacted Samsung they agreed to replace the TV.

thanks anyway.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, sounds good that they are going to replace the TV.
Unfortunately hardware failure as mentioned in previous reply needs real hands on TV and can't be repaired over internet.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
Thank you and good luck!