Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

3d not working on sony bravia w82b

Customer Question

3d not working on sony bravia w82b
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Can you please get me the complete model number off of Sony TV in question?
- Also, was 3D working before with Sky signal or its first time checking it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yv code is kdl-42w82xb. Never used before as new tv

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, how the Sky box hooked to this TV?
Is it HDMI cord or color coded RCA wires?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hdmi lead from sky box to tv and rf cable from sky box to tv

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Also checked settings on tv for 3d. Went to option to change to side by side as advised in currys as showing as off. However it wont let me enter to change and says not available with current signal

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Just double checked model . Kdl-42w829b. Serial(###) ###-####/p>

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Paul for the info.
Do you have 3D bluray player and 3D disc to playback to see if TV displays 3D vision?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No just tv and sky

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, did you try to connect another HDMI cable between TV and Sky box?
Also, have you tried to unplug Sky box power cord from wall socket for 5 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Will unplug sky box now and try. Havent tried another hdmi as i dont have one. However hd and normal tv working fine

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, if HDMI cable is less than version 4, then TV will give same error message so try another high-speed HDMI cord if Sky box reset doesn't help to get 3D vision in TV.
Please reply back with the results.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Reset box and tried new hdmi cable but no change

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Sorry to hear that, can you please get/ arrange a 3D bluray and disc to confirm the TV works for 3D?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Will try but not sure where from as cannot afford or need one

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Paul, you may please borrow it from any friend for test and reply back with the result as we need to confirm the TV as first thing to move on.
If TV gives 3D vision with bluray that means issue is either with Sky box or HDMI cable isn't high-speed, we can confirm this HDMI cable as well when got 3D picture with bluray so it will confirm that Sky box is culprit and causing the issue.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.