hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Installer
Experience:  I am a certified Cable Television installer in the state of Hawaii
40928634

I have a tv model 19EL833B. When I instruct it to autotune

I have a tv model 19EL833B. When I instruct it to autotune it does nor load more than 86 channels, when there are 126. Can you help?
Category: TV
Expert:  hongkongpom replied 2 years ago.

Were you able to get 126 before please?

What led up to this situation?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, once or twice. It has loaded 95, but now only loads 86. Also, when I change channels within the 86, it often gives me a blank screen, telling me that the particular channel is 'not running'

I assume you're getting your TV signal from the roof aerial which is where I suspect that the problem lies.

Please make sure that all aerial plugs are snug going into the back of your TV.

As the roof aerial is exposed to the elements 24x7 then thet signal reception will fall if the aerial or cable or connectors start to corrode.

Do you have another TV in your home fed off the same aerial and if so is that receiving all the channels? If so, are you able to take the TV giving the problem to the other location as the problem may also lie with signal splitting equipment.

Finally, please look at your aerial to make sure that no elements are missing or that the aerial hasn't been rotated by strong wind.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks very much for this response. The TV which is he subject of my question is in a bedroom, and has a secondary link to the main aerial downstairs.

I took the TV downstairs and connected it to the main aerial input, and - lo and behold- in loaded all 127 channels.

So the problem is with the aerial link.

You may stand down, with very many thanks, ***** ***** You advice was excellent.

Thank you very much indeed and please kindly rate my service so that I can get paid for my time.