Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

The iPad ,when connected to samsung tv VE40ES6300 connects

Customer Question

The iPad ,when connected to samsung tv VE40ES6300 connects for 2/3 seconds then drops out , hdmi ,and apple connections ,tried both 1 and 2 HDMI on tv.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Nathan :

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Nathan :

Can you tell me which ipad you have, and which cord/cable you're using?

Nathan :

I realize it is hdmi, but am inquiring as to the specific make/model of the cord.

Nathan :

Can you also tell me what apps you're trying to run in this scenario?

JACUSTOMER-eu9wigv9- : Hi Nathan.no name on Hemingway cable
JACUSTOMER-eu9wigv9- : Hi Nathan ,no name on cable just hdmiwith gold coloured plugs ,also Apple T shaped connector
JACUSTOMER-eu9wigv9- : i believe ipad. To be 2 16 gb don't know. What you mean about apps I'm using being a dummy you will have to spell it out .cable has no name ,just hdmi gold plated plugs posh what ,
JACUSTOMER-eu9wigv9- : .
Nathan :

Hi there, I see you've left a negative rating for me, though I haven't heard back from you at all. Rating me poorly won't fix the problem, or affect your payment. It isn't communicated with the maker of your product, or this site.

Rather a negative rating only serves to harm my professional reputation, and is effectively blaming me for your hardware problem. This is extremely unfair to me, when I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in a good faith effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. I could lose my job because of that rating, when you could simply communicate with me instead.

I apologize for any delay, but please keep in mind I'm in the US, you replied 13 hours after my initial reply to you, and at 3am my time.

Nathan :

That cable is the most likely problem though, the "no name" generic cables like that rarely work well or at all. They don't support the necessary hdcp communication for the ipad to work with the tv.

Nathan :

There are some other options though.

Nathan :

I would start by returning that cable,

Nathan :

and then either buying the proper Apple made OEM cable, or purchasing an AppleTV device, which will connect to the tv directly, let you stream web content (music, movies, netflix, etc) directly to the tv, as well as to "mirror" your ipad content on to the tv all via wifi.