Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  35 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

on the screen it says no channels have been installed but i

on the screen it says no channels have been installed but i can no get anything on screen
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.

Hello Bob , my name is Jack

Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions ;

Is this tv connected to a cable box/converter,satellite receiver,digital converter etc ?

Or directly to antenna/cable from the wall outlet ?

Could you please lookup your tv`s model number located on the back cover ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

connected to sky box

moel 32 D1333DB

Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.

O.k then in that case your tv is not the one receiving the channels nor connected for it so you must simply be set to the wrong input/source.

Use the tv`s remote or the buttons directly on it and look for a button called SOURCE , press it a few times to toggle through the sources and get back to the input where the sky box is connected.

Hope this help and please take the time to rate my answer positively (use the stars to rate) if that answers your question as it is the only way i get paid for helping you , otherwise do not rate at all , just let me know and we`ll see what can be done.
Note that you can reach me here at any time after rating if you have questions.
Thank you and happy holidays

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

on screen it says no channels have been added yet go to the install and return menu to add channels.

I have toggled the source button nothing has happened

Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.

That is the screen for the tvs built-in dvb tuner and is used when the tv is connected directly to antenna but this is not the case and is redundant at this time as you have the sky box connected.

Is the tv`s own remote working ?

Is the skybox turned on and if so how is it connected to the tv ?

Is it hdmi,scart or side AV input.

Can you switch the source or more importantly can you see the tv changing source ??

Can you play a dvd ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes the remote is working

sky box is on and connected scart is on input 1

I can't switch it off from the tv

Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.

Sorry but i`m not sure what you mean here with " I can't switch it off from the tv "

Do you mean the skybox , is that what you cant switch off ?

That message , is it coming from the sky box or tv ?

If you dont know then just pull out the power plug on the sky box ?

Is this a setup that stopped working or you are just installing this now and it has never worked ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it was working ok i touched the channel button up down then it stopped working,

the off button on the tv dose not switch off

Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.

O.k then you just confirmed that the tv went outside the scart input and into tv mode when you touched the channel buttons on it.

Here is something for you to try ;
Unplug the TV's power cord and hold the power button directly on the tv ,keep holding it for 20 secs or so then let the tv sit unplugged for a couple of minutes before you try it again.

In the mean time you could also unplug the power cord for the sky box.

Jack, Technician
Experience: 35 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech