Pete
Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

Hi, My Panasonic txl55et5b has a 6" vertical grey band on the

Hi, My Panasonic txl55et5b has a 6" vertical grey band on the left hand side of the display. It's there on all inputs. can you help, please.
Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Pete :

Hi there,

Pete :

Approximately how old is the TV?

Customer:

About 3 years old.

Pete :

If reseating the ribbon connections did not help, then it is likely that the panel is faulty.

Pete :

This type of fault is not repairable.

Pete :

Although the TV is no longer under the manufacturer's warranty period, you may have purchased an extended warranty for it.

Pete :

If not, you are still covered by your statutory consumer rights which last for 6 years in the EU.

Pete :

First, try speaking nicely to the retailer and then the manufacturer. They may agree the TV should have lasted longer and offer you a partial refund or credit towards a new purchase.

Pete :

If they refuse to help, then the 6 year EU consumer warranty will apply: