Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Would like I-player on TV. Plugged WIS12ABGNX in USB socket

Customer Question

Would like I-player on TV. Plugged WIS12ABGNX in USB socket of UE40H5000(AK) nothing! Successfully tuned adapter to router via Menu button on remote. How do I set it up?
Category: TV
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

If I`ve got it correct , you require more information. What info do you need?

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

Hello there,

Adam

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I seem to be going round in circles ! Expert needs more information.

I have no idea what information is needed. help!

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Adam

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.
My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.
Hi there, sorry to hear you're having trouble.
Unfortunately, what you are wishing for is simply not possible.
Your tv is a "standard" model, not a "smart" tv. It simply lacks the capability to run apps, or streaming media direct from the internet (netflix, youtube, iplayer, etc). This is a limitation of the tv itself.
While you were able to connect to your router with the external wifi adapter, that functionality is limited to a single purpose - the tv has a "dlna" feature, which would allow you to play a photo slide show from a computer on the network, and simple tasks like that. It still lacks the ability to run its own apps though.
In this instance, I would sadly consider the investment in that usb wifi adapter a wasted one. I'd suggest checking if you're able to return that adapter, as it really has no practical benefit to you.
From there, your best option is to then purchase an external media streaming device, that can more appropriately perform the functions and access the media/services you desire.
For this, I would suggest the Amazon Fire Tv box:
http://amzn.to/1AI15Nn