info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

I have just taken delivery of a Sony KDL32W705B 32-inch TV.

Customer Question

I have just taken delivery of a Sony KDL32W705B 32-inch TV. I used to have a small Sony flat screen TV and Sony free view box using what I assume is a standard aerial on the roof. I pugged the new TV in and the standard aerial into the socket on the back. I connected to the Internet through my router no problem but cannot get freeview and TV programmes. What am I doing wrong?
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

Sorry your having trouble, you need to tune the set in so you need to get into tuning mode, that should be in the settings menu can you not see the tuning/channel menu in there?if not I will lokk myself so I will need about 10 mins when you reply thank you

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry okay it's on and have the settings menu up. The TV is in another room so I'll be back and forwards...

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Adrian thats good news

Please remember to rate the answer positively thank you, ***** ***** be a rating bar with this post thanks again

If you need more help please let me know this will remain open after rating thank you

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

what now?

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Oh I thought you was OK with it please give me 5 mins just to go through what you need to do

Reply with OK

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I knew where the menu was just not what to do to activate free view and ensure the correct antenna/aerial was activated

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.

OK make sure the aerial is plugged in, then press the HOME button then SETTINGS >>>DIGITAL SET UP>>>DIGITAL TUNING and follow the instruction

Let me know if you need more help

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It's fine now thanks. I had it set to cable in error. Best wishes

Adrian

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Thats great news!

Please dont forget to rate me positively thank you!

Anthony