Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Why can i not download the aptoide app on my smart tv

Why can i not download the aptoide app on my smart tv. It is a samsung.

Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Nathan :

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Nathan :

Where are you trying to do this at? From your computer, or on the browser on the tv?

Nathan :

I ask because the tv is not able to run any app on the market. Smart tvs, including your samsung, are extremely limited in their abilities. They have a specialized firmware, and limited processing/memory power. They are only able to run the apps that are explicitly available within the samsung tv (smart hub) app marketplace.

Nathan :

You cannot install 3rd party or aftermarket apps from other sources, including those from google play, aptoide, etc.

Nathan :

Just because you may be able to get to that aptoide storefront in a browser on the tv does not mean it can actually run the content.

Nathan :

If you need the ability to run non native apps, your best option would be to bypass the tvs internal smart functions, and instead connect up a more capable external streaming device, such as a chromecast, roku, appletv, fire tv, htpc or smart bluray

Customer:

how would you bypass the tvs internal smart functions

Nathan : You cannot change or alter them internally. What I meant was that you would forego the use of the tv apps
Nathan : and instead connect an external device to stream your desired content. I sent several examples of equipment that can perform those functions, including links to buy.
Nathan : If you have an android based phone/tablet then a chromecast would be your easiest and cheapest option.
Customer:

Thanks for the help.