Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

How to change regions on 32d1333db

How to change regions on 32d1333db
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Nathan :

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Nathan :

Honestly, there isn't anything you can do in this case. The problem here is that the player is designed for and locked to a specific region while you're attempting to play a disc from another region. The built in dvd players that you'll find inside tvs like this are without exception always the most basic of devices, and don't have multi region abilities. These region codes were set up by the movie studios to help prevent piracy, and there is no easy way around them.

This region coding protocol is physically built into the hardware (chips on the control board) of the player, and changing it would require physical modifications to the player (swapping out chips) that would void the warranty and often permanently damage the player. The investment (of both time and money) simply isn't practical.

Your best options are to re-purchase the discs you want to play in your country with the proper region code, or buy an external, purpose made region-free player that does not have this hardware restriction.

I'm sorry there isn't a better answer here, it's simply a design limitation of the player.

Nathan :

If you'd like assistance in finding a region free player, I'd be happy to recommend some options for you.