Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I have an LG television (Model number 32LH5000) and I can not

I have an LG television (Model number 32LH5000) and I can not get the power to go on. I have check the electrical outlet (working), checked the power cord (connected), checked that the power switch is in the on position (it is) and pressed the on/of butn on he side of the television. Nothing will make it turn on. I no longer have the remote (as it has been opreated by the DVD player remote for years). I am at a loss as to what to do!
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** website is a pay for assistance service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is requested. Please bookmark this page so you have easy access to our conversation. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):
1. How long have you had the Tv?
2. Is the LED on the front coming on or blinking or?
3. Do you have electronics experience like using a meter and soldering?

Please REPLY to continue (do not start a new question).

My replies may take several minutes so please be patient.

Mike
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Mike:

I bought the TV from the previous tenant who had it in the apartment that I've recently moved into... I believe he had it for about 2 years. I have never seen it turn on (no LED light has ever lit up or blinked). I have ZERO electronics experience - no using a meer or soldering.

CK

Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Christopher.

Unfortunately there is not going to be any easy reset/fix. Unplugging the power cord for a while is the only reset you can do. The Tv has an internal failure and it is not possible to diagnose just by the external symptoms. It would be wrong for me to guess what the failure is. The back panel needs to come off, checks need to be performed, then parts ordered and installed. If you had electronics experience then I would instruct you to what to do next, but since you don't it will cost more to have the Tv repaired then to buy a new 32" model.

I'm sorry there is no easy reset/fix but please do not click bad-poor rating if you are unhappy. Doing that destroys my standing here as a professional and does not issue you a refund. Instead contact customer service or REPLY back here.

Before you go, please be sure to take a moment right now to click the SMILEY so that I get credit for helping you today. Doing so does not finish or close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly depends on your positive rating because I do not get paid hourly here.

Mike