Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Hi, I have a TX-L37ET5B TV and the audio output socket for

Customer Question

I have a TX-L37ET5B TV and the audio output socket for my soundbar seems to be broken as the cable will not fir into the socket anymore and just falls out. I have looked at the socket point and it seems to be missing/broken an input metal unit to click the cable into.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Can you elaborate on which jack on the TV you're referring to? Is it the Optical jack, a Digital Coaxial jack, or a 3.5 mm stereo analog jack please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Optical jack

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the reply. There's no metal anything on the Optical jack- it's a plastic squarish hole that the cable plugs into. Have you tried another optical cable, or are you sure that the optical jack is broken?
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
If you haven't already, I would suggest trying a new optical cable, as the ends can get worn causing them to fall loosely out of the optical jack. However if you've already tried another cable, or are certain the cable is not the problem, then the optical jack on the TV would indeed be at fault. The solution in this case is to replace the Mainboard since the jacks are not easily replaceable. Then Mainboard for your set can be purchased at the link below:
https://flattvparts.co.uk/panasonic-tx-l37et5b-main-av-tnph0993-4a-txn-a10tlub-bj
If you need further assistance let me know and once satisfied, please do not forget to rate my service accordingly.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I just wanted to follow up and see if you received all of the information you needed? If so, can you please click a POSITIVE RATING so that I am credited? Alternatively, if not, then simply reply back and we can proceed.