Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have an ALBA television and dvd combi 32 inch we have a

I have an ALBA television and dvd combi 32 inch we have a great picture but lately the sound keeps cutting out any advise. This telly belongs to my mother who is 94 years old and relies on it for comunication to the outside world, so I would appreciate if I could get some sort of answer I have tried switching it off then on and I do

hear a click, the model number is ***** DVD

Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems.
What is paramount in determining what is causing this problem is the following:
1) What is connected to the set that your mother receives broadcasts from (cable/sat box, etc.)?
2) Does the sound also cut out when using the built in DVD player?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The telly is connected to a normal aerial , when the sound goes you can not get any sound from the built in DVD player either

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the reply. Since this occurs with no external devices connected- this would indicate it's a hardware failure in the TV, and nothing that any settings or adjustments will solve. It requires service I'm afraid in the form of replacement of the Mainboard. I'm sorry for the bad news on this one, but there is nothing that can be done except for repairs or replacement.