Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a superb Samsung TV but I can't get a full picture on

Customer Question

I have a superb Samsung TV but I can't get a full picture on any of the options. Even the 4:3 option does not show a full picture. Like the others, it loses both sides of the picture!
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Can you please get me the model number off of Samsung TV in question?
- Also, what video sources are connected to TV and does it show smaller picture on all video input sources?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I think it is 5.18 or similar as the print is too small for me to read at 80!

It is on Ext from Virgin Cable! I only get snow effect on TV as I have no outside cable!

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, do you use Virgin cable remote (if there is cable/satellite box connected to TV) to change the channels or use TV remote for that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes the TV isconnected to a Virgin box
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info.
- Have you tried to unplug TV and Virgin box power cords from wall socket for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and check picture size?
If it doesn't help then press P-Size button on TV remote a few times to get different picture size options and select any that gives best fit picture in TV.
If P-Size button on TV remote still not works for correct picture size then need to check Virgin box remote for button that might be labeled as Size, Format, Aspect, Wide, Zoom, HDzoom etc, press it to change the picture size in TV.
Please reply back with the result.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I answered! I said that my wife's TV has always had the problem! I spotted it when watching Final Score and lost both sides of the picture.

The Virgin remote does not have a picture adjustment facility!

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, - Have you tried to unplug TV and Virgin box power cords from wall socket for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
Thanks,.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes I did but as it has been a continual problem it is not really surprising that there was no change?

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Clive for the info.
It could be TV firmware (internal software) glitch and I really need the TV complete model number to see if firmware upgrade is available that might help us to resolve the problem.
So can you please get me the complete model number written on back or side panel of TV?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

255040 I think bearing in mind the size of the print that is on the back of a TV sitting on a bracket halfway up the wall!!!!!

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
I'm afraid, 255040 could be serial number, usually Samsung paste a small sticker on side panel of TV for model and serial number info and bigger sticker on back of TV for the same info.
Correct and complete model number is ***** info to locate related firmware upgrade file.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have managed to unpeel the sticker!

All info is as follows:

MODEL 2333HD

MODEL CODE L323CFVKF/EN

COLOR DISPLAY UN IT TYPE No. CF23MS

SIN CF23H9XS714261X

MADE IN ROMANIA (HER)

MANUFACTURED JULY 2009

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** number is *****
Is there another video source like DVD / bluray player available to connect it to TV as a test to see if the picture appears in normal size or still smaller?
This way we will narrow down the problem as it is with in TV or Virgin box is sending out small picture signal to the TV.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The model number begins 323 not 523!

I will have to call my son to do what you require.

May I revert to you when this is installed?

CLIVE SNELLING

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Related user manual shows 2333HD model number and model code is LS23CFVKF/EN.
Sure Clive, please take your time and reply back with the result.
Please bookmark this page or click on link in email notification sent by JustAnswer to you to open this chat thread at your convenient time to proceed further.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.