Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Samsung smart TV and suddenly I cannot record with

Customer Question

I have a Samsung smart TV and suddenly I cannot record with my Sky remote control. Have tried 2 different controls and neither work so I assume the problem must be with the TV - can you help please as I want to record a programme today - thanks!
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Do you want to record in sky box or a disk/memory device is hooked to TV for recording?
- Can you please get me the model number off of Samsung TV?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I want to record to Sky Box - sorry I cannot access the model number

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the info.
- Have you tried to unplug TV and Sky box power cords from wall socket for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Done that - marvellous it works now; I should have thought of that myself.

Thanks very much and a happy Christmas to you and your family.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Excellent Barbara, glad to know that it worked and problem resolved, please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,
I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!
Please reply back here if there is additional questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This only worked once now is not working again. I am going to take it up with Sky; therefore not successful!

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, no problem, please reply back how it went with Sky.