info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

Pioneer PDP-505XDE manufactured 2008, won't switch on, blue

Customer Question

Pioneer PDP-505XDE manufactured 2008, won't switch on, blue light flashing 8 times
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

Did this happen when the set was running or was it from a start up situation please?

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, the TV wasn't running, although I suspect my son may have left it on standby and had only switched off the sky box and thought the TV was also off
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Liz the problem is usually caused by a voltage regulator on the terminal board its not an easy job to get this regulator off the board without specialist desoldering equipment.

The complete board may be available I am not sure are you/someone you know planning on repairing this yourself?

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's unlikely we would repair ourselves although my father in law is an electrician so he could possibly do it
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Liz yes if he has the hot and blow desoldering equipment he may be able to do this (electricians usually dont have this though)

The option after that is to replace the board you will need to get the partnumber from the board and use that to order (as their may be variants of the board)this is found on a sticky label or etched on the board itself.

Let me know if you need more info

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Liz thank you for the rating

Please remember you can come back here anytime (so please bookmark this page )if you need further help

Anthony