Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

how do I connect my sky box to my tx-39as600b(picture of the

how do I connect my sky box to my tx-39as600b(picture of the back of the tv would be helpful
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems.
Can you please get me the full Make and Model written on the front of the Sky box?
Also, not sure what you're saying regarding the Manual and a VCR, but do you have a separate VCR as well?
If so, what is the Make and Model of that device?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi aric

the make of the sky box is a Thomson I can t find the model number,the make and model number for the vcr is a Panasonic nv-fj610b-s

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Okay, we really need the model, as there's so may different boxes out there. Please check the back of the Sky box for a sticker with a model number. It will be something like: DSI4214
Also, are you looking to try to record from the Sky onto the VCR?
Or simply looking to be able to playback the VCR to the TV?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the sky box is a Thompson dsi4214c and the vcr is for playback on the tv

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Okay thank you.
It will take me a couple of minutes to put together the connections for you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thakks for your help,i look forward to hearing from you.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
You're welcome and sorry for the delay.
The connections are actually pretty straightforward- which is good news.
You would run a single HDMI cable from the "HDMI out" jack on the Sky Box, to the "HDMI 1" Input jack on the back of the TV.
Then from the VCR to the TV, you will connect a single Scart cable from the Scart "AV 1" (TV Out) jack on the VCR to the single "AV 1" Scart Input on the TV.
When viewing from Sky, you will use the TV remote's Input button to select "HDMI", and alternatively when viewing from the VCR you will select "AV 1".
If you need further assistance let me know and once satisfied, please click a POSITIVE RATING, as I am an independent Tech- not a Site Employee, and the rating is the ONLY WAY I am credited.