Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  USAF trained; currently teaching electronics for the DoD.
42300671

My son hit the screen of my one month old plasma 51' Samsung

My son hit the screen of my one month old plasma 51' Samsung TV with a key and it does not give any vision again. How can I get it repaired. note, no insurance cover for the TV. Thanks.
Category: TV
Expert:  Dan T. replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to the site. I'm Dan.

Is the screen completely black? Can you see the damage on the screen? Also, I will need the TV's full model number.

Dan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Dan,

Yes, the screen is black and the damage is visible on the screen.

The model no. is:PS51F4500AWXXU.

.

Expert:  Dan T. replied 2 years ago.
You may need to have the plasma panel replaced, but I would need to see a picture first. Can you upload a picture of the screen for me? You can use any sharing site... imgur.com, photobucket.com, etc.

Dan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am not able to send the picture to you through the photobucket, please.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am unable to upload the picture through this means to you. What do I do then, please. Thanks.

Expert:  Dan T. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the picture. I see the damage.

I've seen this happen many, many times over the years. A crack like that means the plasma panel will need to be replaced. The plasma panel is the screen itself. There is no way to repair it, I'm afraid, as the gas contained inside the panel has already escaped.

Replacing the panel would be cost prohibitive... far too expensive to replace, even for a brand new TV. You might consider calling a local repair facility to ask about pricing, but with parts and labor I suspect it will be cheaper to simply replace the entire TV.

I'm very sorry to bear such bad news, but I hope that answers your question. If you need anything else, just ask.

Dan