Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My ps42c450 doesn't seem to output via rca to external sound

Customer Question

My ps42c450 doesn't seem to output via rca to external sound system
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello, Your PS42C450 doesn't use RCA to output audio to an external sound system- it uses Optical.
The RCA jacks on the TV for are Input only.
So, you need to use an optical cable from the TV's Digital Audio Output jack (optical), and connect to the sound system in that manner (if the sound system is compatible).
If the sound system does not have optical, then you need a converter between the TV and the system.
The converter is at the link below:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cable-Mountain-Digital-Analogue-Converter/dp/B0074JZ8ZW
If you need further assistance let me know and once satisfied, please click a POSITIVE RATING, as I am an independent Tech- not a Site Employee, and the rating is the ONLY WAY I am credited.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I just wanted to follow up and see if you received all of the information you needed? If so, could you please rate my service as POSITIVE- so that I am credited?