Steven
Steven, Technician
Experience:  Licensed TV repair technician in the US with over 30 experience in the US.
59014109

Hello techI have just bought a 42lb650v smart tv which I

Customer Question

Hello tech
I have just bought a 42lb650v smart tv which I am over the moon with,i wanted to fit some
external Bluetooth speakers so bought the recommended (AN-WF5000) dongle which I placed in one of the usb ports,but the little led light wont come on to tell you its working ok.Firstly is this the correct dongle for the tv,i have set the tv to Bluetooth but nothing has happened,do I actually have to pair it with tv and how do you do this from the remote control,i have the normal remote and the magic remote if I need to use one or the other.My speakers are working fine as I paired my phone with them and they found and connected with it no trouble.Hope you can help
many thanks
Marco
Category: TV
Expert:  carlday1 replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

HI,

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is ***** ***** I will help with your question.

The first thing I would suggest is to check the tv's firmware is up to date.

Customer:

There are many firmware listed on the lg site for your set and I am sure that the tv should be able to check itself using the menu unfortunately I am unable to find a step by step guide for it.

The firmware page for LG is here

http://www.lg.com/uk/support-product/lg-42LB650V

Customer :

Hello Carl

Customer :

Hello Carl thanks for your reply,i have checked the firmware and all is up to date.

Customer:

HI,

I have been doing so research and I believe the tv has wifi and Bluetooth already build in so I don't think you need the dongle.

Could you send me the model number of the speakers?

Customer :

Morning Carl

Customer:

I am sorry we never seem to be online at the same time I am likely to be online around 7PM onwards 30/12/14 maybe we might be able to chat then

Customer :

hE

Customer :

Hello Carl Ok I didn't know it had Bluetooth built in,my speakers are (MICROLAB H50 BT 40W )

Customer :

Hello Carl
Sorry I didn't rate you yet but I didn't think I had to till we sorted the issue out one way or the other.I received an e-mail saying that I had been refunded because I wasn't happy with the service,this is not the case I never complained about the service and the topic you were trying to sort out for me,and would be more then happy for you to carry on until the issue is resolved one way or the other for me

Marco

Customer:

Hi Marco,

Sorry I have not been online for a couple of days I am now picking up where I left off. I could not find a manual for the bluetooth speakers to help me suggest a few things to try. Do you know how to put the speakers in pairing mode?

Customer :

Hello Carl
That's no problem at all,I haven't tried to pair of the speakers carl,there was a
cable which you had to connect between the two speakers which could be how you
pair them I am not quite sure myself to be honest with you.Also because I have
had to connect speakers to the tv with a cable connection,because I cant get
the Bluetooth connection,only one speaker is working.Nothing ever easy is it hee hee

Marco

Customer:

HI Marco I am struggling to come up with any useful suggestions on how to help solve your issue, Would we be able to try and arrange a time when we can have a live chat.

Carl