Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

on certain channels i get a voice explaining whats going on

on certain channels i get a voice explaining whats going on in the film / program
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Nathan :

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Nathan :

Are you using the tv direct to an aerial or basic cable feed? Or do you use a cable/satellite box?

Nathan :

What your'e getting there is an accessibility feature called descriptive text. It is intended for the blind and visually impaired to be able to enjoy tv shows.

Nathan :

If you're using a cable/sat box, the feature would be enabled (and disabled) from the box setup menu. Look in the same area as where you'd find captions/subtitles, or secondary audio programming, and you should be able to turn it off from there.

Customer:

hello nathan ,its just a got freeviewbuilt in had tv from new i can only think one of my grandchildren may of touched the remote tv works from aerial / dvd will check remotes thanks for your help