Steven
Steven, Technician
Experience:  Licensed TV repair technician in the US with over 30 experience in the US.
59014109

I have a Panasonic tv, with two HDMI inputs. The following

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic tv, with two HDMI inputs. The following devices are attached to it, an HDD recorder through the SCART input, a SKY box through HDMI 1 and a BT Vision Box through HDMI 2, I want to connect a Panasonic DVD recorder to the HDMI through a HDMI splitter box - 3 inputs one outlet with selector. I have tried to connect the SKY Box and the DVD recorder through the splitter but what happens is the DVD looses all its TV input presenting a white screen is this something to do with the copyright protection. Also the DVD recorder has to be switched on for the SKY Box to be recognised by the splitter.
On the aerial connections the last in the chain is the DVD recorder.
Any thoughts must the DVD be connected direct to the TV.
Category: TV
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Quite happy to wait.

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Adam

Expert:  hongkongpom replied 2 years ago.

Hello there,

I wanted to ask you if you can record on the HDD recorder what you're watching on the TV when connected to the TV's SCART, or only what the channel that the recorder is set to?

If you plug the DVD recorder or Sky box directly into the TV's HDMI port (bypassing your HDMI switch) can you then watch DVDs?

What is the make & model of the HDMI switch please?