Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have a Polaroid TV which is about 18 months old. It is working,

Customer Question

I have a Polaroid TV which is about 18 months old. It is working, but the cable has broken at the point where it enters the plug. I have tried all of the local electrical suppliers, including specialist shops, but they all seem to be stumped by the fact that it a 13 V plug.
Is it possible to buy a new cable from you, as there is nothing wrong with the TV.
This is the information written down from the plug, by one of the specialist guys ;
13 volt DC 1.8 amp power supply.
PLease can you help??
Pat Dennis
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Nathan :

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Nathan :

Sorry to hear you're having trouble,

Nathan :

are you saying that the plug at the end of the mains lead (out of the "brick") where it connects to the tv, has broken or come loose?

Or that the receptacle inside the tv is damaged? Could you possibly send me a photo of the broken point?

JACUSTOMER-7abqm0od- :

The cable has broken where it comes out of the plug which goes into the wall

plug and broken cable
Full Size Image

Nathan :

Than you

Nathan :

So it is at the power adapter ("brick") end, not the tv end.

Nathan :

Can you give me the full model number of the tv, Pat?

JACUSTOMER-7abqm0od- :

PLV68155567

Nathan :

Thanks for confirming.

Nathan :

Unfortunately polaroid products are very poorly supported, and they really don't make these parts available. It could have been made by any number of anonymous chinese companies and rebranded as a polaroid product.

Nathan :

I haven't been able to locate an exact polaroid replacement,

Nathan :

however there is a commonly available power adapter with acceptable specs used for some printers that should work for you