Steven
Steven, Technician
Experience:  Licensed TV repair technician in the US with over 30 experience in the US.
59014109

Sony tv (kdl-50w829B)

Customer Question

Sony tv (kdl-50w829B), electrical surge when putting headphone jack in, now there is no picture and the light at the bottom flashes 3 times then pauses for 3 seconds on loop. Is there anything I can do at home to fix this?? If not I don't need an answer and will take the sony helpline route, although I imagine that will be annoying at best! Thanks.
Category: TV
Expert:  Dan T. replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to the site. I'm Dan.

How old is the TV? Is it warranted?

Dan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Dan. The TV was purchased in August 2014 so is still in warranty. To be honest I was looking for a quick answer last night but presumably by the response I'll have to take the official route? If that is the case can you refund the fee? Thanks.